I am officially going on a diet. But a diet from the internet & not food. Last night or morning actually 2 in the morning I got caught being on the net on parent patrol. Don’t worry I was charged by a “light” scolding nothing that horrible. But last morning while trying to go to sleep I realized I want to be a morning person awfully. I want to wake up around 7 I think. Get my chores done by tenish. Then relax and chill out. Also start sleeping at 10.(ok 10 is too much but at least by 12) OK we are drifting from the topic. Yes diet from the internet. I have decided that 2 hours would be sufficient on the computer out of which 1 hour I can spend on the net.
Why do I want to go on a diet ?
Simple, I miss the old me. The old me would curl up with a book in the night and read till 12 and then go to bed.( Not stay awake till 2 , freaking about her future ! And posting crazy posts in her blog)
How will I survive in this diet ?
Get lot of reading material.
What will keep me on this diet ?
Friends and this blog. I guess by posting this it will be a constant reminder to me from the blog. Plus I am going to tell all my friends online to ignore me when I am online. Especially at 12am.
Anyway that’s all on my diet. Wish me luck ! Anyway everybody have an amazing super-nice day !
10 comments:
Hi... we in India are on Blog diet... I am using a proxy to access blogs...
All blogs access is restricted from India... I dnt know for how long.
Eline: Hi welcome to my blog ! I am glad that my post helped you. Anyway even I read the news on the net.( Actually just read the headlines and if its really important then read it) lately I have been reading the newspaper in the night. So there is less time to think about it.
The thinking thinker: Hello, Yea I read about it. I hope you guys get the access soon. You know I think 4 months back this happened in Pakistan. But never thought it would happen in India. I guess you expect the worst from your own country...
gr8......who goes on dese kinda diets in summer...cummon...
waise i lyk da way u wrote dat parent patrol thing...(kooolll)
but cummon no diets now.....statr it wen skool starts..
-OH : Nope am going one one.....plus i dont go to school. remember ?
ya ya ..i noe..ru in uni....whtevrer
still dun go on a diet till ur uni starts :P
Nah!! Tell you what, these resolutions never last long. Drop them and come back!! (ha ha). Just kidding!!
You know, I too realise that the days my internet connection is down I get to do some cozy reading (hard paper reading) and it feels so good. But then that is contingent on the connection being down :-(. These days u can download e-books, ever read them? Personally I like to touch the paper :-)
I loved your post. Have you ever thought of enrolling yourself in a course on "creative writing"? What happpened to your college magazine?
-OH: Well at least let me give it a shot......anyway once the univ starts I will be online even more as I will have loads of stuff to research on..... :)
Ambrosia: Lol. No I try to avoid reading online books as much as possible. Unless its a book I cant find here in Dubai. Like you said love to touch the paper. Plus whats the use of my fav sofa if I cant read sitting on it. And thanks. It makes me feel so good when somebody likes my post. As for a creative writing couse, I would love to but have never come across any such course here. And my college magazine is on the hold as everybody is on summer vacation and scattered around the world.
There are courses by correspondence on creative writing in India.
Oh, and I love the feel of paper too.
That must be very cool. Over here things are coming out . I am sure in 5 years time they would have courses like creative writing.
all the best my friend
Post a Comment