Yesterday my friend Zoya called. Isn’t her name pretty unique ? This is one of my friend who I would always count on keeping in touch with me. Meaning Zoya doesn’t believe in people calling her or keeping in touch with her. If she wants to keep in touch with people she will do it herself never expecting the other person to return her calls her. I totally love this about her. I know her since 5th grade (surprisingly 5TH Grade was the only class we were together in) and she must have called me about 250 times till now while I would have called her 50 times. (she has never complained !!) It feels nice to know that she has never given up on me or is fed up of me.
Anyway her dad has recently come out from this huge surgery. He is fine now. Zoya then told me about the ward in which her dad was. She told me that most of the people in this ward were expatriates and they didn’t have their family with them. They were in so much pain. There were people in coma some with family and some without family. She said that people looked as if they have forgotten how to smile. She said that when her family was going through this period they had thought they were so unlucky but seeing all these people in so much pain, hardship and struggle was an eye opener for her. She went like “Who are we to complain ?”. Even now this question is ringing in my mind.
Yea who are we to complain. At least I know I shouldn’t be complaining. I have a lot of blessings to be grateful and thankful for. Lot of things that makes my life beautiful. I do wish I would remember this all the time. Then it would help me to be less complaining and happier.
I guess this is all for today. Take care people and do always keep smiling.
3 comments:
Your post reminds me of the song "count your blessings" that we used to sing at the top of our voices way back in school!!! I am not sure if I understood it then, now I do.
:) We sang that song too ! Its a nice one. You know today with all your comments on my posts have been like a huge party ! :D
So sweet of you to say that. Made my day!!
Post a Comment