Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hope is for the hopeless

Have you noticed how people are so bitter and down-hearted on countless things in life ? They have lost faith in lot of things. Some don’t believe in friendship while others don’t believe in honesty. People are afraid to trust other in first meeting. In fact on both side the particular person calculates everything carefully. Nobody trusts anyone these days unless you know them for a very long time. In some way the faith in goodness is lost that any good action that’s done these days are speculated at. Nobody wants to believe that something good can be done from goodness of the heart and not just for some other motives.
My 10 year old sis told me that, “Hope is for the hopeless”. Needless to say my jaws nearly dropped at her comment. Are things turning so badly that a kid is telling me that she doesn’t believe in hope ??? She explained it to me that it made sense to her and she had happened to hear it in a cartoon. When I thought about I did see the logical part of it but I also felt that if I stop hoping for things and stuff then there will be this huge black emptiness. My question is what’s up happening with the world ?

5 comments:

Galal Mazhar said...

There is so much pain around. So much evil, betrayals, hurt and mistreatment. So much to the extent that even those who used to see the world through a beautifying (if there's such a word) lens, have lost hope. Even those who are the most well intended and assume the best till proven wrong, they are very skeptic towards anything. They became very doubtful and suspicious about those who might appear to be honest and pure at first sight. I believe that because of the amount of pain they saw and experienced, they've become so afraid of trusting, letting go and openning up anymore, even to those who are closest to them.
Personally, despite of all that, I still have hope. Hope that there is still good around, but our human nature is just not helping us (for the time being) to see it.

Meera said...

I am glad you believe in hope. :)

Azahar Machwe said...

Hope can be both good and bad. Good when hopes turn to reality and bad when they don't. People don't like this dependence on external factors anymore.. everything has to be more deterministic!
So the view is that if your in control of your life there is no scope for hope!

Meera said...

I dont know... i mean i dont know about other people but I dont mind depending on an external factor once in awhile. I mean sometime when I am depressed its hope that keeps my mind sane ! :)

Shilpi Sachdeva said...

Your sister is right that hope is for hopeless people.I dnt know what we are waiting for and why to wait.Life is so small than why to waste time as there are so many things to do.Everything is in head.If you can not solve the issue get it out of head and move on.Believe me and try just break your limitations and feel the differene,You will feel at the top of the world and start loving your self.You can not give the charge to somebody else for deciding your attitude.Why should somebody else choose that.